Technical Support Associate / Driver
Wroute Inc. - Kitchener, ON
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $36,000 - $42,000 / year
- Experience: Technical Support (1 year)
- Licence: G Class Driver's Licence
The Technical Support Associate provides additional capacity to reinforce the efforts of IT colleagues in supporting other employees. This includes monitoring the health of information technology systems, implementing repairs and corrective actions for minor points of failure, troubleshooting computer and telephony problems, providing computing and audio-visual support to meetings or other events, and offering ongoing IT training to other employees.
This role is combined with the Driver role. This involves responsibility for the safe operation of a 'G' class vehicle (Tesla Model X), maintaining personal qualification for the company's insurance policies, complying with operational regulations, ensuring customer service quality, reporting trip data, and collaborating with colleagues to ensure adherence to service standards.
The applicant can anticipate that the Driver role, and specifically passenger service provision, will often form a majority of their working hours. The position will be based in Kitchener. Compensation is on a salaried basis in the range of $36,000-$42,000 with a target of 40 hours per week. Position title is subject to change.
- Ensures that technology used in the office and in the field is operational and in good repair.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact for colleagues for IT matters and offers on-demand support/troubleshooting.
- Collaborates effectively to log issues, prevent repeat failures, and improve systems.
- Attends meetings and other events to provide audio-visual tech support.
- Maintains productive and beneficial working relationships with vendors and service providers.
- Continuously monitors news and advances in the IT sector to identify available improvements.
- Supports the prioritisation of safety in their own work and among colleagues.
- Provides good stewardship of related supplies and equipment.
- Operates G-class vehicles to provide passenger services for customers, as well as meeting the practical needs of fleet operations and providing transportation for colleagues.
- Provides excellent customer service in person, online, by phone, and throughout the performance of operational duties.
- Takes a collaborative and fair approach to scheduling and sharing operational duties with colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Broad experience in the tech support and IT sectors is an asset.
- Ongoing education and pursuit of certifications is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, administration skills and demonstrated accuracy of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytic, and time management skills.
- Multilingual fluency is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to management and ensure compliance with laws and policies.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and be a self-starter.
- Experience in a rapidly growing new business is an asset.
- Excellent relationship building skills, and an ability to motivate colleagues.
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality, and ability to establish earned trust with colleagues.
- Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of a broad selection of office software and online communications tools.
- Must be able to operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Has conflict resolution skills and is able to use them effectively.
- Demonstrates good judgment and a focus on safety in the performance of all duties.
- Displays versatility in dealings with customers, business partners, and the general public.
- Satisfies the requirements of the company's insurers and regulators, including: a valid 'G' class driver’s licence, minimum age of 25, criminal record check, and driver’s abstract acceptable under initial and ongoing evaluation.
- Must be available to work a schedule that will often include all times of the day, on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Scheduling preferences will be accommodated where feasible and in balance with the preferences of colleagues.