Fleet Livery and Grooming Coordinator / Vehicle Driver
Wroute Inc. - Kitchener, ON
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $36,000 - $42,000 / year
- Experience: Fleet Livery and Grooming (1 year)
- Licence: G Class Driver's Licence
The Fleet Livery and Grooming Coordinator provides routine inspection and corrective action for fleet safety and cleanliness, and ensures the readiness of vehicles for passenger operations. This position will include daily grooming (light cleaning) of vehicles, transport of vehicles to detailers for periodic and incidental heavy duty cleaning, monitoring of on-board safety and marketing supplies, and evaluation of the state of good repair. The Fleet Livery and Grooming Coordinator provides monitoring and leadership for both livery (vehicle decals/paint) and driver uniforms, ensuring that passengers are presented with a professional and consistent brand. This position will also provide secondary functions for colleagues in related roles during their absence.
This role is combined with the Driver role. This involves responsibility for the safe operation of a 'G' class vehicle, maintaining personal qualification for the company's insurance policies, complying with operational regulations, ensuring customer service quality, reporting trip data, and collaborating with colleagues to ensure adherence to service standards.
The applicant can anticipate that the Driver role, and specifically passenger service provision, will often form a majority of their working hours. The position will be based in Kitchener. Compensation is on a salaried basis in the range of $40,000-$50,000 with a target of 40 hours per week. Position title is subject to change.
- Cleans fleet vehicles on a daily basis to ensure a healthy and enjoyable passenger environment.
- Shuttles vehicles to detailers, car washes, and other vendors to provide supplemental cleaning.
- Completes a multi-point inspection both daily and on recommendation from other drivers.
- Serves as a secondary point of contact in fleet matters, and a primary point of contact in uniform matters, for colleagues.
- Maintains productive and beneficial working relationships with vendors, consultants, regulators, and other service providers.
- Contributes to appropriate record keeping.
- Supports the prioritisation of safety in their own work and among colleagues.
- Provides good stewardship of related supplies and equipment.
- Operates G-class vehicles to provide passenger services for customers, as well as meeting the practical needs of fleet operations and providing transportation for colleagues.
- Provides excellent customer service in person, online, by phone, and throughout the performance of operational duties.
- Takes a collaborative and fair approach to scheduling and sharing operational duties with colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Broad experience in the automotive sector is an asset.
- Knowledge of adult education theory and practice is an asset.
- Ongoing education and pursuit of certifications is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, administration skills and demonstrated accuracy of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytic, and time management skills.
- Multilingual fluency is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to management and ensure compliance with laws and policies.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and be a self-starter.
- Experience in a rapidly growing new business is an asset.
- Excellent relationship building skills, and an ability to motivate colleagues.
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality, and ability to establish earned trust with colleagues.
- Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of a broad selection of office software and online communications tools.
- Must be able to operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Has conflict resolution skills and is able to use them effectively.
- Demonstrates good judgment and a focus on safety in the performance of all duties.
- Displays versatility in dealings with customers, business partners, and the general public.
- Satisfies the requirements of the company's insurers and regulators, including: a valid 'G' class driver’s licence, minimum age of 25, criminal record check, and driver’s abstract acceptable under initial and ongoing evaluation.
- Must be available to work a schedule that will often include all times of the day, on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Scheduling preferences will be accommodated where feasible and in balance with the preferences of colleagues.