Driving Instructor / Driver
Wroute Inc. - Kitchener, ON
- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: $40,000.00 to $50,000.00 / year
- Experience: Driving Instructor (1 year)
- Licence: G Class Driver's Licence
The Driving Instructor ensures a high level of training and preparedness among all of the company’s Drivers, and maintains a culture of professional practice for vehicle operations. This includes evaluating driving skills and identifying training needs, performing educational and coaching roles to provide continuous improvement of driving activity, and serving as a resource for colleagues who want to improve their comfort, safety, and proficiency when operating fleet vehicles. The Drivers to be instructed within this role have a minimum ‘G’ class license with multiple years of experience. The vehicle that you will be training employees in is the Tesla Model X.
This role is combined with the Driver role. This involves responsibility for the safe operation of a 'G' class vehicle, maintaining personal qualification for the company's insurance policies, complying with operational regulations, ensuring customer service quality, reporting trip data, and collaborating with colleagues to ensure adherence to service standards.
The applicant can anticipate that the Driver role, and specifically passenger service provision, will often form a majority of their working hours. The position will be based in Kitchener. Compensation is on a salaried basis in the range of $40,000-$50,000 with a target of 40 hours per week. Position title is subject to change.
- Leads and performs the company’s training activity with respect to fleet vehicle operations. This will combine direct instruction as well as managing relationships with vendors of additional specialised learning.
- Provides guidance as colleagues seek to develop their professional practice as drivers within the context of a passenger service environment.
- Maintains productive and beneficial working relationships with vendors, consultants, regulators, and other service providers.
- Monitors the need for ongoing training and updates to company operating practices.
- Supports the initial evaluation and preparation of new hires for operating the fleet safely, efficiently, and in a manner that supports the customer experience.
- Manages approval for eligibility of drivers who may operate the fleet, and offers remedial support following any incidents that call driving proficiency into question.
- Develops reports and planning documents, and offers clear review and paths to improvement, as the company evaluates the effectiveness of scheduling practices.
- Contributes to effective responses when customers, colleagues, or other stakeholders articulate concerns related to vehicle operations.
- Operates G-class vehicles to provide passenger services for customers, as well as meeting the practical needs of fleet operations and providing transportation for colleagues.
- Provides excellent customer service in person, online, by phone, and throughout the performance of operational duties.
- Takes a collaborative and fair approach to scheduling and sharing operational duties with colleagues.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements
- Experience delivering provincially accredited driving instruction is required.
- Knowledge of adult education theory and practice is an asset.
- Ongoing education and pursuit of certifications is an asset.
- Excellent attention to detail, administration skills and demonstrated accuracy of work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication, organizational, analytic, and time management skills.
- Multilingual fluency is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to provide beneficial recommendations to management and ensure compliance with laws and policies.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and be a self-starter.
- Experience in a rapidly growing new business is an asset.
- Excellent relationship building skills, and an ability to motivate colleagues.
- Demonstrated high level of confidentiality, and ability to establish earned trust with colleagues.
- Computer literacy is required, including knowledge of a broad selection of office software and online communications tools.
- Must be able to operate a Windows based computer system.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically and professionally at all times.
- Has conflict resolution skills and is able to use them effectively.
- Demonstrates good judgment and a focus on safety in the performance of all duties.
- Displays versatility in dealings with customers, business partners, and the general public.
- Satisfies the requirements of the company's insurers and regulators, including: a valid 'G' class driver’s licence, minimum age of 25, criminal record check, and driver’s abstract acceptable under initial and ongoing evaluation.
- Must be available to work a schedule that will often include all times of the day, on weekdays, weekends, and holidays. Scheduling preferences will be accommodated where feasible and in balance with the preferences of colleagues.